|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Bell peppers||2 , chopped (Red or green)|
|Tomatoes||8 , seeded and chopped|
|Diced tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz), strained|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Zaatar||1 Teaspoon (Packaged)|
1. In a large frying pan over medium heat, add oil and heat, add onion and saute until lightly browned.
2. Add garlic and bell peppers, and sauté for a couple of minutes more.
3. Add fresh and canned tomatoes, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper and sugar, stir well.
5. Gently crack eggs into pan, taking care not to break yolks.
6. Simmer until whites solidify but yolks remain slightly runny, about 8 minutes, or as per personal preference.
7. Sprinkle with za'atar to taste.
8. Serve with warm pita bread.