Dinner En Brochette
|Zucchini||1 Small, washed, ends trimmed and cut into 8 pieces|
|Shoulder lamb chops||1 1⁄2 Pound (2 chops)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Dried rosemary leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cracked pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Herbed salad dressing||To Taste (as required, Prepared)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Dried chervil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 stick)|
|Packaged precooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for 2 servings)|
|Bibb lettuce head||1⁄2 Small, washed and crisped|
|Pitted ripe olives||8|
|Butter||1⁄8 Pound (1/2 stick, for serving)|
1. Remove the bones from the chops.
2. On a meat board, pound the lamb flat with mallet or edge of saucer
3. Combine the garlic, salt, rosemary and cracked pepper and over surface of lamb
4. Slice into 1-inch wide strips and leave aside.
5. Break greens into a bowl. Top with 8 olives.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Preheat broiler
8. Blanch the zucchini in 1/2 cup boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain well, squeezing out the water.
9. Overlap several strips of lamb to make four long ones.
10. Weave them on four skewers, alternating with zucchini and cherry tomatoes.
11. Place in a baking pan and drizzle each with 1 teaspoon dressing.
12. In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
13. SautÃ© onion and chervil until soft.
14. Add to boiling water for rice; prepare as label directs for 2 servings.
15. Place skewers under broiler, 4 inches from heat.
16. Broil until browned, about 5 minutes each side or until meat is of desired doneness, brushing with the marinade juices
17. On individual serving plates or a serving platter, make a bed of cooked rice.
18. Arrange the lamb skewers on top.
19. Toss salad with dressing and serve on the side.