A Company Brunch
|Red pepper||1 Medium|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Frozen asparagus spears||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 , washed and crisped|
|Canned pear halves||1 3⁄4 Pound, drained (1 Can Of 1 Pound, 13 Ounce)|
|Prepared salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Desired)|
|Croissants||11 Ounce, frozen (2 Packages, 5 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Pound (1 Stick, For Serving)|
|Freshly brewed coffee||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Benedictine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (12 Tablespoons Of Liqueur)|
|Long cinnamon stick||6|
1. Wash red pepper, stem, seed and remove ribs. Slice it into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
2. Wipe and slice mushrooms into ¼ inch thick slices.
3. Reserve four asparagus spears whole and break remaining spears into thirds.
4. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
5. Preheat oven to 375F.
6. In a large (12-inch) skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.
7. Add and sautÃ© red pepper, mushrooms, asparagus (whole and pieces) and onion for about 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
8. Remove whole asparagus spears and five red-pepper strips and keep aside for garnish.
9. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and allow the eggs to cook just until they begin to set.
10. Transfer skillet to the hot oven and bake frittata for about 20 minutes.
11. In the mean time, line a salad bowl with the large romaine leaves and tear smaller ones into pieces.
12. Pare the rind from oranges and slice them 1/4 inch-thick.
13. Arrange oranges slices, and pears over lettuce.
14. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
15. Place the croissants on a baking sheet and place on bottom shelf of oven, during last 10 minutes of cooking frittata.
16. To prepare the beverage, into 6 mugs, spoon 2 tablespoons of the liqueur and immerse a cinnamon stick in each.
17. Loosen frittata using a spatula and slide onto a platter. Garnish it with reserved asparagus spears and red pepper strips. Cut into wedges.
18. Place warm croissants in breadbasket and accompany with pats of butter.
19. Serve the cold fruit salad with the dressing passed on the side.
20. Pour the hot coffee into the mugs and stir with the cinnamon stick. Serve immediately with cream and sugar on the side.