|For meat sauce|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chuck/1 pound, ground||1 Pound, ground|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick (6 Medium Sized)|
|For yogurt cream sauce|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a 3 1/2-quart Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons butter and sautÃ© onion, chuck and garlic for 10 minutes until brown.
2. Stir in allspice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and the tomato sauce; stir and bring the mixture to boiling.
3. Lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour.
4. In another large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat and saute sliced potatoes, turning frequently until lightly browned on both sides.
5. In the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish or 12x71/2x2 inches baking dish, layer half of the slices overlapping each other.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. In a medium saucepan, melt butter to make yogurt cream sauce.
8. Remove the pan from heat and stir in flour, salt and pepper.
9. Gradually add milk and bring the liquids to boiling; stir continuously and cook until mixture is thickened.
10. Remove pan from heat.
11. In a small bowl, using a wire whisk, beat yogurt and eggs.
12. Add some hot cream-sauce mixture to egg mixture and beat well; return the mixture to saucepan, mix well and keep aside.
13. In the baking dish containing potatoes, sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
14. To the meat sauce, stir in bread crumbs and spoon over potatoes.
15. Cover with remaining potato slices; in overlapping fashion.
16. Pour the prepared sour cream all over and sprinkle rest of the cheese.
17. Place the dish in oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden-brown and top is set.
18. Sprinkle cinnamon in diagonal lines as shown in the picture, although this is optional.
19. Serve hot with tossed salad.