Mediterranean Kibbeh Part 1- Preparation
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the dough|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Bulgar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Kibbeh spice||3 Tablespoon|
|For the stuffing|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Seven spices||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. FOR THE KIBBEH DOUGH: Rinse the burgul in water and drain off the water leaving some excess for the burgul to soak up, let it sit for about 2 hours.
2. In a food processor combine the burgul, meat then remove. Set aside.
3. Next in the food processor blend the onion, and basil, put in the bowl with the burgul and meat. Add the kibbeh seasoning and salt and knead the ingredients until well combined for about 3 minutes.
4. FOR THE STUFFING: In a pan on medium heat add 2 tablespoons of oil then add the meat and stir until mostly cooked, then add the onions, salt, nuts and seasoning and cook until lightly browned and well combined.
5. Shape the kibbeh into balls and stuff them with the stuffing.
6. Fry them in vegetable oil or make Bake in the oven at 350- 400 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. In a serving plate, serve kibbeh with salad, yogurt or tzatziki sauce.
Kibbeh seasoning if not available then replace it with the following spices: 1 teaspoon each of Allspice, ground cumin, ground coriander, nutmeg and ½ teaspoon each of black pepper, ground clove, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, dried sage.