|Fennel bulbs||2 Large|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
1) In cold water, wash the fennel thoroughly.
2) From the bottom, remove a slice and discard the outer leaves, if required.
3) With a sharp knife, chop the fennel stalks.
4) Then, cut each bulb into 6 or 8 wedges.
5) In a casserole, combine the stalks, lemon juice, pepper, fennel seeds and oil along with 4 tablespoons of salted water.
6) In this mixture, arrange the fennel wedges.
7) On high power, cook covered for 12 minutes, changing the position of the wedges once in between.
8) Let stand for 3 to 4 minutes. and then drain well.
9) Serve the Poached Fennel hot.