Tunisian Tuna Salad
|Canned tuna in oil||14 Ounce (2 cans, 7 oz each)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄8 Pound|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄8 Pound|
|Pitted green olives||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Firm tomatoes||1 Pound (large)|
1) Remove the seeds from the peppers and cut peppers into thin strips.
2) Peel the onion and slice them thinly into rings.
3) Peel and crush the garlic.
4) Slice the cheese thickly and cut it into stripes.
5) Wash the tomatoes and thinly slice them.
6) Drain tuna from the oil and put into a small bowl with enough olive oil to make it up to 1/4 cup.
7) Combine vinegar, lemon juice, seasoning and garlic to make the dressing.
8) Cut the tuna into flakes.
9) In a large bowl put the tuna and cheese with onion, pepper and olives.
10) Pour the vinegar dressing over and toss lightly till ingredients are evenly coated.
11) Line the salad bowl with sliced tomatoes.
12) Arrange the tuna mixture on top, cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
13) Serve the chilled tuna salad with your main course meals.