Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves
|Vegetable stock/Purified water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Radish||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
|Scallions/Green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Mint leaves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon, freshly squeezed|
|Currants/Yellow raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Salt||1 Pinch (optional)|
|Chives||1 Ounce (1 bunch)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) In a large pot add stock or water and bring to boil.
3) Mix rice and salt.
4) Decrease heat, cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 45 minutes..
5) Cook until the water evaporates.
6) With a fork fluff the rice.
7) In a large bowl add rice and other filling ingredients. With a spoon toss the mixture thoroughly.
8) Arrange grape leaves on a flat surface.
9) Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of the filling at the tail of each leaf. Roll up folding the outer edges in.
10) Dip three 5-inch-long chives in boiling water briefly.
11) Tie chives around each stuffed grape leaf.
12) In a small casserole dish arrange the leaves. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice over them.
13) Cover with a foil.
14) Bake for 10 minutes.
15) Serve warm or cold.
Calories 236 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 552.5 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 109.1% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet