Mediterranean Fish Soup
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Leeks||2 , sliced into rings|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 , sliced|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (397 Gram)|
|Lemon rind||1⁄2 , finely grated|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Haddock fillet||4 Ounce, skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes (100 Gram)|
|Cod fillet||4 Ounce, skinned and cut into 1 inch cubes (100 Gram)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Peeled prawns||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh thyme||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pan, add butter and melt.
2) Add onions, garlic and leeks, and gently cook covered for 5 minutes over very low heat, stirring frequently.
3) Mix in the tomato puree, potatoes, tomatoes with their juice, lemon rind, stock, bouquet garni and salt and pepper to taste.
4) Simmer for 15 minutes with lid placed on.
5) Add wine and haddock and cod and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
6) Mix in the prawns and lower heat.
7) Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is tender. Stirring occasionally.
8) Sprinkle thyme on top and serve accompanied by crusty bread.
9) To freeze, cool and pour into sealable containers and freeze for up to 1 month.
10) To reheat after freezing, add 2 tbls water and keep on low heat for about 1 hour, stirring and turning the block occasionally.