Mediterranean Burgul With Noodles
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Bulgur||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vermicelli noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a 4 quart pot on medium/low heat melt the butter, add the onions and saute until lightly brown and caramelized.
2. Then add the noodles and cook until lightly brown, continue to mix to avoid burning them.
3. Next, mix in the burgul then add the 4 cups of water, give it a stir and then add the salt, cinnamon and boullion then bring to a light boil.
4. Bring down the heat to low and cover and let cook for 30-40 minutes or until the bulgar is tender. Fluff with a fork.
5. In a serving plate, garnish with parsley and serve with yogurt, chicken or salad.