|Fennel bulbs||5 Pound, trimmed, feathery leaves reserved (Use 6 Medium Sized)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 , peeled, seeded and diced|
|Black nicoise olives in brine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), halved if large|
1) Cut the fennel bulbs in halves along the length and discard the tough cores.
2) In a food processor fitted with a slicing disk, place the fennel to slice thinly crosswise.
3) In a flat serving dish, place the fennel slices.
4) With a small sharp knife, remove the orange skin by discarding all the bitter white pith.
5) Working over the bowl of a food processor, separate the orange sections by cutting the orange between the membranes. Discard the membranes.
6) Repeat the process with the lemons.
7) In the food processor bowl, add olive oil, salt, coriander seeds and pepper to process together to make a puree.
8) In a medium nonreactive saucepan, combine the citrus dressing with the tomato and cook over low heat until lukewarm, 2 to 3 minutes.
9) Pour the sauce over the fennel and toss properly.
10) Season the fennel with additional salt to taste.
11) Sprinkle the olives and the reserved feathery fennel leaves on top, just before serving.
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 705.5 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.3%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 163.5%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet