Mushroom and Bean Moussaka
|Button mushrooms||8 Ounce|
|Soft margarine||2 Ounce|
|Shallot||1 , peeled and very finely chopped|
|Brown rice||3 Ounce|
|Hot water||375 Milliliter|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Wholemeal flour||1 Ounce|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Cooked kidney beans||4 Ounce|
1) With a clean cloth, wipe the mushrooms.
2) Then, cut off the stalks and chop them. Keep the caps aside.
3) In a 2 pint casserole, combine 1 ounce of the margarine and the shallot.
4) On high power, cook for 1 minute, stirring only once during cooking.
5) To this, add the chopped mushroom stalks and cook for 1 minute more.
6) Now, add the rice, water and salt.
7) Cover, leaving a small gap so that the steam can escape.
8) On high power, cook for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the rice is just tender. Stir quickly.
9) Now, tightly cover with the lid and let stand.
10) In a small bowl, place the remaining margarine.
11) On full power, heat for 20 seconds or until melted well.
12) To this, add the flour and cook for 30 seconds, or until the mix is puffy.
13) Now, to this add the milk and on high power, cook for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Whisk 2 to 3 times in between.
14) Into the sauce, add 3/4th of the cheese.
15) Add salt and pepper to taste.
16) Into a flameproof souffle dish, pour a little of the sauce.
17) On top, arrange the mushroom caps.
18) Over these mushroom caps, pour some more sauce.
19) On top, add beans and then the rice to cover.
20) On top, pour the remaining sauce to smoothen the surface.
21) On high power, cook uncovered for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the mixture is hot.
22) On top, sprinkle the remaining cheese and then brown under the grill.
23) Serve the Mushroom and Bean Moussaka along with a green salad.
Calories 393 Calories from Fat 210
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.4 mg12.1%
Sodium 464.3 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 14 g28%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet