|Aubergine||1 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Skimmed milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Granary malted brown breadcrumbs||4 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
|Ground mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|For the topping|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Granary malted brown breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
1) In a very large bowl, place the aubergine along with salt and marjoram.
2) On high power, cook covered for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the aubergine turns soft, stirring occasionally. Let stand covered.
3) In a small bowl, put the onion, garlic and oil. Mix well.
4) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes.
5) Now, drain the aubergine thoroughly.
6) To a blender, add the drained aubergine and the onion mixture.
7) Then, add the egg, milk powder, breadcrumbs, mace, and pepper to taste.
8) Coarsely blend the mixture. Do not puree.
9) Into a loaf-shaped ovenproof dish, transfer the mixture.
10) Under Defrost/Low setting, cook uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the loaf is set.
11) To a flameproof serving dish, turn out the loaf.
12) To prepare the topping, in a bowl, combine the cheese and breadcrumbs.
13) Over the top of the loaf, sprinkle the topping.
14) Under the grill, brown the loaf.
15) Slice and serve the loaf as desired, along with a sauce of your choice.
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.7 mg13.2%
Sodium 136.6 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet