Mediterranean Style Shrimp
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Diagonally sliced scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄2 Ounce (pignolias)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Medium shrimp||5 Ounce, shelled and deveined|
|Dried apricot halves||6|
|Golden raisins||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned chickpeas||2 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Tomato||1 , cored and diced|
|Hot cooked couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs) (semolina)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley sprigs||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Heat the oil in a 9-inch non-stick skillet.
2) Add the vegetables, garlic and pignolias and cook over moderate heat, constantly stirring, till the vegetables are tender-crisp. This takes about 2 minutes of cooking.
3) Add the water and broth mix and stir well to combine.
4) Cover the skillet and cook the mixture over high heat till it starts to boil.
5) Add the apricot halves, shrimp and raising and stir well to combine.
6) Reduce the heat to moderate and cover the skillet. Cook till the shrimp turns pink (3 to 4 minutes).
7) Add the tomato and chickpeas and stir to combine. Continue to cook till the mixture has heated thoroughly (another 1 minute of cooking).
8) On a serving platter, arrange the couscous and top with the hot shrimp mixture. Garnish with parsley and serve as a main dish. Can be served with a green salad on the side.