|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned italian tomatoes with juice||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, seeded and diced, liquid reserved|
|Dry red table wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gaeta olives/Black olives||6 , pitted|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed|
|Swordfish steak||9 Ounce|
1) Heat the oil in a 12-inch deep skillet.
2) Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and sautÃ© over moderate-high heat, occasionally stirring, till the onion is tender (1 to 2 minutes).
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the fish, salt and pepper, and stir well.
4) Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and cook, occasionally stirring, till the falvors start to blend (4 to 5 minutes).
5) Add the salt, pepper and fish, cover the skillet once again and cook till the fish is opaque and easily flakes when tested with a fork. This usually takes 8 to 10 minutes of cooking
6) Place the hot fish and vegetables on a decorative serving platter and serve as a main dish while still hot.