Moroccan Grilled Salmon
|Carrot||1 Large, julienned|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Fresh salmon||1 1⁄2 , skinless, centre cut|
|Ground anise||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a steamer, steam the julienned carrots for about 5 minutes.
2) Add the carrots into a bowl and season with lemon juice. Set aside to keep warm.
3) Preheat the broiler. Wrap the broiling pan with aluminium foil and brush with a little olive oil all over.
4) SLice the salmon into 4 equal pieces. Arrange the pieces on the broiling pan.
5) In a bowl, add anise, chili, cumin and coriander. Mix well and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the salmon fillets. Sprinkle salt and pepper as well.
6) Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil all over the fillets.
7) Broil for about 4 minutes until the bottom turn slightly brown. Gently flip the fillets over and cook for 3 more minutes. The fillets should be firm when touched.
8) Take four serving plates. Distribute the steamed carrots equally amongst the plates.
9) Place a broiled salmon fillet on top of the carrot serving. Serve hot.
Calories 3011 Calories from Fat 832
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g142%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1325.9 mg442%
Sodium 1832.1 mg76.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 509 g1018%
Vitamin A 127.3% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 35.7% Iron 115.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet