Roast Chicken with Fennel and Mustard
|Minced fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Roasting chicken||4 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Baking potatoes||4 Large|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. In a small bowl, place the parsley, mustard, garlic, pepper flakes and the fennel and mix well
3. Add the lemon juice to the pan to make a thick paste
4. Rub the chicken with the two-thirds of the marinade and let it stand in the refrigerator for one hour.
5. Place the chicken on a roasting rack in a large baking dish
6. Rub the potatoes with the rest of the marinade and then place them on the rack with the chicken.
7. Bake at 350°F for about1-1/2 hours or till the chicken is firm and the juices run clear.
8. Remove the skin from the chicken before serving
9. Serve hot with a fresh salad