|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground lamb||2 Pound|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thick white sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Peel and chop onions.
2) Peel and crush garlic.
3) Peel and quarter tomatoes.
4) Thinly slice eggplants.
5) Preheat oven to 350°.
6) In a saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry onions, parsley, garlic and lamb till browned.
7) Add tomatoes to pan with tomato paste, seasoning and broth.
8) Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
9) Remove from heat and add bread crumbs.
10) Dust the sliced eggplants lightly with flour.
11) In a skillet, heat remaining oil and brown eggplants.
12) Drain on paper towels.
13) Arrange two-thirds of eggplants to cover bottom and sides of greased casserole.
14) Add meat mixture, then top with remaining eggplants.
15) Stir beaten egg yolks into sauce with half cheese.
16) Pour sauce over eggplants.
17) Cover with rest of grated cheese.
18) Put casserole in a roasting pan containing a little water.
19) Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
20) Serve Moussaka as main dish.