Mediterranean Poached Chicken Salad
|Whole boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 1⁄4 Pound, halved|
|Haricots verts||12 Ounce, trimmed, cut into 1 inch lengths|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, cored, cut into 1 inch chunks|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned flat anchovy fillets||2 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Kalamata olives/Spanish green olives||4 Ounce, pitted, quartered lengthwise (1/2 cup)|
|Lettuce leaves||8 , rinsed, dried, torn into large pieces (Boston / Romaine variety)|
1) In a 12-inch skillet, cover the chicken breasts with water, allow to simmer, cover and gently poach the chicken over low heat for 10 minutes, until just cooked. Remove on a plate and allow to cool.
2) Bring the cooking liquid to a boil over high heat, Add the green beans and cook over a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender. Drain under cold water and pat dry
3) In a mixing bowl, combine the green beans and tomatoes together.
4) In a blender or food processor, process the oil, vinegar, anchovies mustard, salt and pepper until pureed.
5) Add the dressing into the green beans and tomatoes, mix well.
6) Dry the chicken, cut it into 2 X 3/4-inch strips, add the chicken and olives into the green beans and tomatoes.
7) Toss the ingredients together and adjust the seasoning.
8) On a platter, arrange the lettuce in a wreath, spoon the chicken mixture into the center of the platter, drizzle the remaining dressing in the bowl over the lettuce and serve immediately
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.3 mg31.4%
Sodium 971.8 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 39 g78.9%
Vitamin A 52.7% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet