Moroccan Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Bulgur wheat/Cracked wheat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Boneless chicken breast halves||4 , skinned|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low-sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Combine together the bulgur, onion, celery, carrot and broth in a saucepan.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat, cover the pan and gently simmer for about 15 minutes, till the bulgur is done.
4) In the thickest part of each breast half, cut a pocket.
5) Into each pocket, spoon the bulgur mixture. Keep the remaining mixture aside.
6) Use wooden picks to secure the pockets.
7) Cook the chicken in oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
8) During cooking, turn the chicken once.
9) Cook the chicken for about 10 to 15 minutes or till it is done.
10) Take the picks out of the meat and place the chicken in a shallow serving dish.
11) Over the chicken, sprinkle the reserved bulgur mixture. Keep warm.
12) Add the chicken broth and wine to the skillet.
13) Uncovered, boil the mixture for about 5 minutes or till it has reduced to Â½ cup.
14) Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
15) Serve right away after garnishing with parsley.
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.2%
Saturated Fat 0.88 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.3 mg16.4%
Sodium 83 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 23 g45.9%
Vitamin A 34.1% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet