|Ground lamb||1 Pound (Keema, 500 Gram)|
|Aubergines||2 (Brinjals, Thin Long Variety)|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic flakes||10 Gram, chopped finely|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Any cooking oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Red chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Deep Fry)|
|For cheese sauce|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon (Maida)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated mozzarella cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Mustard paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Thinly slice aubergines and arrange them in a large plate. Sprinkle salt on both sides. Let the aubergines stand for 1/2 hour to sweat. Rinse aubergine in cold water, pat dry.
2. Heat 1 cup oil in a frying pan and fry the aubergine slices until golden brown. Fry potato slices also till golden brown. Drain on kitchen towel. Keep aside.
3. Put tomatoes in boiling water for 2-3 minutes to blanch them. Drain. Peel the outer skin. Chop finely.
4. Heat 4-5 tbsp of olive oil in a deep pan with a tight fitting lid, add the chopped onion and stir. Add the garlic and cook till the onions turn pink. Add the tomatoes. Stir fry till the juices evaporate and tomatoes turn dry.
5. Add the ground lamb and cook on high heat until brown and dry.
6. Add tomato puree, chilli flakes, oregano, salt and pepper. Add 1/2 cup water and cook covered for 10-15 minutes or till done. Check for tenderness and keep on heat till almost dry. Dry the excess liquid but do not make it too dry. Adjust the seasonings to taste. Keep aside.
7. To prepare the cheese sauce, heat butter in a heavy bottomed pan, add flour, stir gently on low heat for 1 minute till it slightly changes colour. Remove from heat. Add the milk and mix well. Return to heat and cook till the sauce becomes thick. Add salt, pepper, mustard and cheese. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
8. Add the lightly beaten egg to the cooled white sauce. Keep aside.
9. To assemble, spoon half of the meat mixture in a shallow ovenproof dish. Top with half the aubergine and potato slices. Repeat with the remaining meat and vegetable slices. Finally pour the cheese sauce to cover. Cook in a preheated oven at 200Â°C/400Â°F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling hot and browned. Serve.