|Golden raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), plumped and drained|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Pound, finely chopped|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||12 , thawed (2 X 17 Inches Each)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together raisins, walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon; keep aside.
3. Grease an 8 X 8 X 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
4. On a clean work surface, place and unroll 1 sheet of phyllo dough.
5. Wrap the remaining phyllo sheets with a plastic wrap or a slightly damp towel; keep it aside.
6. Over the surface of unrolled phyllo dough sheet, spray nonstick cooking spray.
7. Crosswise fold the sheet in half to form a rectangle.
8. Similarly, prepare the remaining phyllo sheets.
9. In the greased baking dish, arrange the prepared dough at the bottom of the pan; fold wherever necessary.
10. Sprinkle 1/3 of the raisin-nut mixture over phyllo dough in baking dish.
11. Repeat layering and sprinkling raisin nut mixture until all of them are used; phyllo dough would be the topmost layer.
12. With a serrated knife, score the surface of stacked phyllo dough sheets and make four 4 X 4-inch squares.
13. Then, diagonally score each square into half.
14. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
15. In a small saucepan, heat lemon juice and honey over low heat; stir frequently and cook for about 1 minute until honey is melted.
16. Remove the pan from oven and cut across the scored lines.
17. Drizzle the freshly prepared lemon-honey mixture evenly all over the Baklava.
18. Return the pan into the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
19. Keep the pan on a wire rack for cooling.
20. Serve with extra lemon-honey sauce.
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.5%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 266.1 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 40.1 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 8% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet