|Garlic cloves||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled (2 To 4 Heads)|
|Yellow zucchini||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green zucchini||1⁄2 Pound|
|Green bell peppers||2|
|Red bell peppers||2|
|Baby carrots||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chile peppers||3 Small (Hot)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Black olives||12 , wrinkled|
|Anchovies||4 , mashed|
|Lemon peel||2 Tablespoon, cut into strips|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, freshly grated (As Required)|
1. Cut garlic in slivers.
2. Slice zucchini and bell peppers in long, thin strips.
3. Cut larger carrots into quarters or leave whole if really size of a carrot is small.
4. Take a skillet and in the skillet, sautÃ© garlic in oil slowly, along with Chile peppers, for about 5 minutes.
5. Add onion and bell peppers in the skillet and sautÃ© 5 minutes more.
6. Add zucchini and carrots; stir gently all ingredients to coat with oil.
7. Cover and steam for 5 minutes, then remove cover, add anchovies, olives and lemon peel.
8. Continue stirring until vegetables are cooked, but still crunchy.
9. Add salt and pepper; stir in parsley and transfer all to serving platter.
10. Top with Parmesan cheese.
11. Serve hot.
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.7 mg3.9%
Sodium 276 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 91.6% Vitamin C 209.8%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet