|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
1. Wash the fennel bulbs
2. Cut all the tough outer stems of the fennel bulbs
3. Cut the fennel bulbs into quarters
4. Place the fennel in a heavy bottomed saucepan or skillet
5. Add half the stock along with the tamari to the pan.
6. Turn on the heat and over low heat, braise the fennel slowly. Do not let the fennel burn and turn occasionally during the cooking process
7. Add the rest of the stock to the pan as required preventing burning. The bulbs will take 30-45 minutes to cook.
8. When the fennel is tender, sprinkle with a pinch of dried thyme
9. Serve hot immediately