1. Rinse the Quinoa in running water to avoid the bitter taste.
2. Take a pan sprayed with a bit of olive and toast the quinoa for a few minutes on a high heat to give it a nuttier taste (optional)
3. Add 2 cups of water to the quinoa and let it begin to boil. Then cover it and reduce the heat to simmer. Let it cook for 15 minutes.
1. Take a bowl and add the cucumbers, grape and cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, lemon zest, Kalamata olives, pine nuts (toasting the pine nuts is optional), and fresh basil. Also add lemon juice squeezed from a 1/2 lemon.
2. Take the cooked quinoa, fluff it slightly with a fork so that the grains do not stick to each other. Add it to the salad and combine.
3. Finally drizzle avocado oil on top and sprinkle some crushed pepper and combine well.
4. Chill the salad for a couple of hours before serving.
Vegetarians can’t stop enjoying the goodness of taste and nutrition, just like this grain salad. The salad is simple and comprises of quinoa - a protein rich grain which is low in fat content. Watch the video to learn the recipe.