Mediterranean Bean Salad
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1 , grated|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Small|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Black olives||8 Small|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Garlic cloves||1 Small, crushed|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Prepare the string beans by trimming them and if they are small, leave whole and cut beans in half crosswise, if large.
2. In a saucepan simmer prepared beans in boiling water to almost cover with a little salt for about 10 minutes such that crisp-tender.
3. Drain beans and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
4. For making the dressing, into a serving bowl large enough to hold beans pour olive oil, stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, hard-cooked eggs, olives and garlic, if desired and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss cooled beans to coat with dressing beans and serve immediately or refrigerate several hours.
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.7 mg80.6%
Sodium 235.4 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 4% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet