Mediterranean Bean Salad
|Green beans||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1 , grated|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Small|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , chopped|
|Black olives||8 Small|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Garlic cloves||1 Small, crushed|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Prepare the string beans by trimming them and if they are small, leave whole and cut beans in half crosswise, if large.
2. In a saucepan simmer prepared beans in boiling water to almost cover with a little salt for about 10 minutes such that crisp-tender.
3. Drain beans and rinse with cold water to cool quickly.
4. For making the dressing, into a serving bowl large enough to hold beans pour olive oil, stir in lemon peel, lemon juice, hard-cooked eggs, olives and garlic, if desired and season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss cooled beans to coat with dressing beans and serve immediately or refrigerate several hours.