Couscous Salad with Radishes and Pine Nuts
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Quick cooking couscous/3 cups uncooked couscous||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Each Packages)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), divided|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Radishes||3 Cup (48 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), toasted (Pignolia)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a medium saucepan, boil the chicken stock, water and salt together.
2) Gradually add the couscous in steady stream and stir until the all the liquid is absorbed.
3) Turn off the heat, cover and allow to stand for 2 minutes or until couscous is soft.
4) In a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet or other large container, spread the cooked couscous and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
5) Separate the couscous clumps into individual grains with a spatula or using hands.
6) In a large bowl, place the cooled couscous and toss with 1 cup orange juice, orange peel and cilantro.
7) Just before serving, mix in the oil, radishes, pine nuts, vinegar, 1/ 2 cup orange juice and salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.