Mediterranean Style Skillet Eggplant
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, sliced thinly|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Seasoned pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1) Pare the eggplant and cut 1-inch thick slices out of it and make 1-inch cubes.
2) In a large frying pan, saut eggplant with onion into butter or margarine for 10 minutes or until crispy and tender.
3) Add salt, tomatoes, oregano and pepper.
4) Cover the pan and cook slowly for 10 minutes until vegetables are soft.
5) Remove the pan from heat.
6) Lightly add sour cream and parsley.
7) In a heated serving bowl, spoon the eggplants and serve hot