Braised Vegetables With Couscous
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Canned chickpeas||1⁄2 Pound, drained, rinsed|
|Currants||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Instant vegetable broth and seasoning mix||5 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Semolina/Dry precooked semolina||2 Ounce, uncooked|
1) Take a nonstick saucepan of 3-quart capacity and heat oil in it.
2) Add the celery, carrot, and zucchini along with the onions and cook over high heat.
3) Stir often and continue cooking for 3 minutes until the onions become light brown in color.
4) Pour 1 1/3 cups of water in the saucepan and add the chickpeas, broth mixture, currants, paprika and pepper along with the cumin.
5) Decrease the heat to low and simmer it for 10 minutes with the cover on until the carrots become soft.
6) Take out ½ a cup of the broth from the mixture and transfer to a smaller saucepan.
7) Set the pan on high heat and cook until it starts boiling.
8) Add the couscous by stirring it in.
9) Remove the pan from heat and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
10) Arrange the couscous on a serving platter and pour the couscous mixture over it before serving.