Mediterranean Duck And Two Bean Pasta
|Duck/Dark meat chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), coarsely shredded, cooked|
|Haricots verts||6 Ounce, stem ends trimmed, halved crosswise|
|White cannellini beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained, rinsed and cooked|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed (Tiny)|
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||6 , seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|Flat leaf parsley||8 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Extra virgin olive oil||17 Tablespoon|
|Fusilli pasta||12 Ounce, dried|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large bowl and place the duck in it.
2) Allow a pot of salted water to come to a boil and cook the haricots verts for about 3 minutes in it until just soft.
3) Drain the haricots under cold water and dry gently.
4) Mix this with the duck along with the cannellini beans using a rubber spatula, ensuring not to break up the white beans.
5) Stir in capers, lemon zest, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of parsley, a sprinkle of salt, a generous grind of pepper, and the 1/2 cup olive oil, mixing well.
6) Take a large pot of salted water and bring it to a boil.
7) Add in remaining tablespoon of oil and pasta and cook the pasta until they become just tender, draining well, when done.
8) Remove starch by rinsing it under hot water and then drain again.
9) Mix the hot pasta with the duck, vegetables, lemon juice, and remaining parsley, tossing well.
10) Serve hot at once at the table.