Saltimbocca With Sage
|Thin veal slices||4|
|Fresh sage leaves/1/2 teaspoon crumbled sage||8 Small|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Thin prosciutto slices||4 (Parma Ham)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (To Dredge)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Marsala/Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place veal cutlets between two sheets of plastic and flatten using a meat hammer or a base of small heavy pan.
2. Cut the thin slices into half.
3. Cut the prosciutto slices to match the size and shape of veal slices.
4. On each veal slice, place 1 sage leaf or pinch of crumbled sage and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
5. Place a slice of prosciutto over the veal
6. Roll each slice tightly and secure with a toothpick.
Coat the veal rolls with flour.
7. In a large flat skillet, melted butter over medium heat
8. When the butter starts to froth, arrange the rolls in the skillet and cook, turning frequently until evenly browned.
9. Tip in the Marsala.and bring to a boil.
10. Reduce the high heat, cover the pan and simmer veal rolls until tender.
11. Remove and discard toothpicks
12. Remove and discard toothpicks
13. Arrange the rolls on a warm serving platter or on individual plates.
14. Spoon some of the pan juice over each
15. Serve immediately while hot.
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.8 mg12.3%
Sodium 253.2 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.67%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g15%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet