Mediterranean Roast Chicken
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon||2 , squeezed and zest grated|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), lightly bruised and peeled|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||8|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Chickens||5 Pound, rinsed well and patted dry (2 Birds, About 2 1/2 Pounds Each)|
|Small red potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, scrubbed and halved|
|Green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Imported)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F before roasting.
2) In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
3) Marinate the whole chickens with this mixture and keep them covered in refrigerator for a whole night.
4) In a large roasting pan, place the chickens.
5) Take the rosemary sprigs and garlic from the marinade and put them in the cavities of the chickens.
6) Place the potato halves and olives around the chicken and then sprinkle all over with the marinade.
7) Roast the chickens for about 1 hour in preheated oven, basting occasionally, until the juices run clear when a knife is pierced into the thickest part of the thigh.
8) Keep them aside for a few minutes.
9) On a carving board, place the chickens and slice them.
10) Serve hot at once.