Miniature Falafel With Yogurt Sauce
|Bulgur||1 Ounce, uncooked (Cracked Wheat)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
|Seasoned dried bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned chickpeas||1⁄4 Pound, rinsed and drained|
|Plain nonfat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄3 Teaspoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to 450°F .
2) Take a small saucepan and boil 1/3 cups of water with an additional 2 teaspoons thrown in.
3) Add the bulgur and stir it in.
4) Decrease the heat and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
5) Remove it from heat and let it stand for 15 minutes more.
6) Take a food processor bowl and add the chick-peas along with the garlic, cumin and lemon juice.
7) Process it thoroughly for 2 minutes until the mixture turns smooth in consistency scraping the remnants from the side of the processor bowl as required.
8) Add the mixture to bulgur and bread crumbs and combine properly.
9) Take a nonstick baking sheet and shape the falafel mixture into a dozen balls, placing them on the sheet.
10) Place the sheet into a pre-heated oven for baking.
11) Take a small mixing bowl and blend the yogurt, curry powder, sugar and sour cream with the pepper by using a wire whisk.
12) Serve the falafels with the yogurt sauce to be used as a dip.
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg0.6%
Sodium 202.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet