Moroccan Rice Salad
|Tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs), seeded, diced|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Aromatic rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lettuce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Red Leaf Or Romaine)|
1) Combine together the scallions, tomatoes, mint, parsley and carrots in a large bowl.
2) Add the rice and use a fork to toss and combine well.
3) Whisk together the lemon juice, water, oil, garlic, pepper and cumin in a small bowl.
4) Pour the mixture all over the salad and toss well.
5) Use the lettuce to line individual plates and spoon the salad on top.
6) Serve as preferred.
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.1%
Saturated Fat 0.55 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.7 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 59.5% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet