Halibut With Fennel
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/2 scallions||2 , minced (2 Tablespoon)|
|Halibut steak||12 Pound (1 Inch Steak)|
|Fennel bulb||1 , julienned into thin strips|
|Lemons||2 , freshly squeezed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 375°.
2) Take a shallow baking dish,grease with enough butter and add shallots over the bottom and put the halibut steak on top.
3) Scatter the fennel strips evenly over the fish and add the remaining butter,lemon juice,salt and pepper.
4) Now bake the mixture for 10 minutes and remove from the oven, and baste fish with cooking juices so as to retain the flavour and moisture.
5) Return the baking dish with the mixture to the oven and cook further for 10 minutes more, or until fish is done (the flesh should be white at the bone).
6) Adjust seasoning and serve.