Halibut With Fennel
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/2 scallions||2 , minced (2 Tablespoon)|
|Halibut steak||12 Pound (1 Inch Steak)|
|Fennel bulb||1 , julienned into thin strips|
|Lemons||2 , freshly squeezed|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 375°.
2) Take a shallow baking dish,grease with enough butter and add shallots over the bottom and put the halibut steak on top.
3) Scatter the fennel strips evenly over the fish and add the remaining butter,lemon juice,salt and pepper.
4) Now bake the mixture for 10 minutes and remove from the oven, and baste fish with cooking juices so as to retain the flavour and moisture.
5) Return the baking dish with the mixture to the oven and cook further for 10 minutes more, or until fish is done (the flesh should be white at the bone).
6) Adjust seasoning and serve.
Calories 1074 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 306.5 mg102.2%
Sodium 577.3 mg24.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 190 g379.6%
Vitamin A 35.4% Vitamin C 33.8%
Calcium 46.3% Iron 45.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet