|Prepared filo/Strudel||1 Pound|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Finely Chopped Or Ground)|
|Whole blanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Finely Chopped Or Ground)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon, ground|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), melted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Honey||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Let pastry leaves warm to room temperature, as the label directs.
3. In small bowl, mix walnuts, almonds, 1/2 cup sugar, the ground cinnamon and cloves.
4. In a 15-1/2-by- 10-1/2-by-l-inch jellyroll pan place 2 leaves of phyllo pastry and brush top leaf with melted butter.
5. Repeat stacking 14 leaves in all and buttering every other leaf.
6. Keep rest of pastry leaves covered with damp paper towels, to prevent drying out and sprinkle top with one third of nut mixture.
7. Add 6 more leaves, brushing every other one with butter.
8. Repeat layering of phyllo pastry twice.
9. Stack any remaining pastry leaves on top, brushing every other one with remaining melted butter and buttering top leaf.
10. Bake for 60 minutes turn off heat and let baklava remain in oven 60 minutes longer.
To make Syrup:
11. In small saucepan, combine sugar, honey, cinnamon stick, lemon and orange slices and 1-3/4 cups water.
12. Bring to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
13. Reduce heat simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes and strain.
14. As soon as baklava is removed from oven, cut into diamond-shape pieces.
15. On long side, make 9 crosswise cuts, at 1-1/2-inch intervals.
16. Then, starting at one corner, make 11 cuts on diagonal, at 1-1/2-inch intervals, to form diamonds and pour syrup over top.
17. Cool in pan on wire rack 2 hours.
18. Cover with foil and let it stand overnight.
19. Serve with garnish as desired.