Culinary Carrie: Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
|Ground turkey meat||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mince|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Yellow mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Saltine crackers||10 , crush|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Hamburger buns||8 , halved|
1. Preheat a grill pan.
2. Mince the onion, keep it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey meat, onions, eggs, garlic powder, salt and pepper, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce and crushed crackers, stir and mix all the ingredients well.
4. Slice the tomato and season it with Italian seasoning and salt and crumble feta cheese, keep it aside until needed.
5. Once the meat is ready, using you hand form 8 round patties.
6. Grill the turkey burgers on the preheated grill for 2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
7. The internal temperature of the meat in the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
8. Once the patties are done place it on the hamburger bun and top it with the prepared tomato slice and feta crumbles.
9. Serve the hot mediterranean turkey burger along with some French fries on the side.
Do not flip the patties more than once and also do not press the patty while grilling.
Grill pan should be at least 400 degree and identify your hot and cold spot on the grill before grilling the patties.
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 136.7 mg45.6%
Sodium 1001 mg41.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 25 g49.3%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 20% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet