Chicken Steak Pita
|Pita bread rounds||2|
|Red bell pepper||1 , sliced|
|Red onion||1 , sliced|
|Chicken steak||1⁄2 Pound|
|Cooking oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1 Pinch|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon (for seasoning)|
|Peperoncino||1 Teaspoon (for seasoning)|
|Pepper powder||To Taste|
|Fresh arugula||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a frying pan over medium heat, add oil, onion and red bell pepper and stir well.
2. Add salt, pepper powder and oregano leaves and sauté for 3 minutes, then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Place the same pan over the stove and pour some cooking oil. Add chicken steaks and slightly chop with the spatula. Add salt and pepper and sauté again for 5 minutes.
4. Season the chicken with pure sesame oil and peperoncino. Add in the vegetables back and mix well.
5. Cut the pita bread into two halves and fill with the chicken steak mixture and some fresh arugula.
6. Serve this tasty Chicken Steak Pita with some sauce.
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.2 mg6.4%
Sodium 535.2 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 72.7%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet