|Chicken thighs||2 Pound (boneless)|
|Spice mix||2 Tablespoon (Ras el hanout)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cured black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Preserved lemon||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well|
|Garbanzo bean||15 1⁄2 Ounce (Chick peas)|
|For the couscous|
|Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Marinate the chicken in the spice mix for 3 hours.
2. Place a flat cast iron pan on the stove and place the tagine base on top. This is to avoid direct heat to the tagine pot.
3. Pour some olive oil and place the chicken pieces in it, let it cook for 10 minutes on medium heat.
4. Flip the chicken over and let it cook for further 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime thinly slice the preserved lemons and soak the apricots in water in a bowl.
6. Add the preserved lemons in the tagine along with soaked apricots, black olives and garbanzo chick peas.
7. Place the lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
8. In the meantime make the couscous. In a pot pour water and bring it to a boil and then add the couscous, olive oil and salt.
9. Let it swell and become light and fluffy, once done turn off the heat and let it rest.
10. Serve the chicken tagine hot over a bed of couscous or with pita bread.
Calories 722 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 125.5 mg41.8%
Sodium 449.5 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 16.2 g64.6%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 48 g96.3%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 36.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet