Mediterranean Fish Soup
|Olive oil/Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Fennel bulb/Celery||6 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, diced|
|Fish stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firm white fish||1 Pound, cut into 2 inch pieces (Such As Flounder, Cod, Grouper, Or Perch)|
|Medium shrimp||8 Ounce, peeled and deveined|
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over moderate heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, fennel, and sweet pepper to the pan.
3. Saute the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the stock, crushed tomatoes, and bay leaf.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 25 minutes.
7. Now add the fish and shrimp.
8. Cover the pan and cook for about 4 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and the shrimp are cooked completely.
9. Remove from heat and with a slotted spoon, take the bay leaf out and discard.
10. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
11. Serve the soup with freshly-made bread.