Teriyaki Steak with Fennel Slaw
|Reduced salt soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Teaspoon|
|Sirloin/Rump steaks||18 Ounce, trimmed of visible fat|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Fennel bulb||1 , thinly sliced|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combining the soy, vinegar and honey.
2. Add the steaks to the marinade and turn to coat.
3. Marinate for 10-15 minutes.
4. Toss together the carrot, fennel, onion and coriander and chill until serving.
5. In a griddle sear the steaks for a few minutes on each side, according to the thickness and as per the desired degree of doneness.
6. Remove the meat onto a platter and add pour in the remaining marinade to the pan.
7. Heat until it reduces a thick sticky sauce.
8. Dressing the salad with the lime juice and pile onto plates.
9. Top with the steaks.
10. Spoon the sauce over the meat.
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 360.4 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 28 g55.1%
Vitamin A 64.4% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet