|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Fennel bulbs||2 Large, finely chopped (A Few Fronds Reserved)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Pernod liqueur||4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat and saute the onion for about 3 minutes or cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
2) Stir in the fennel and chicken stock, allow to boil, lower the heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes or cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 10 minutes.
3) Allow to cool and puree the fennel mixture in blender in batches.
4) Return the puree into the saucepan, stir in the whipping cream and heat thoroughly or place in the microwave on MEDIUM for 3 minutes.
5) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) In each soup bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon of Pernodand, pour over the hot soup and serve immediately.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.3%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g103.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126 mg42%
Sodium 358 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet