|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Fennel bulbs||2 Large, finely chopped (A Few Fronds Reserved)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Pernod liqueur||4 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat and saute the onion for about 3 minutes or cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
2) Stir in the fennel and chicken stock, allow to boil, lower the heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes or cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 10 minutes.
3) Allow to cool and puree the fennel mixture in blender in batches.
4) Return the puree into the saucepan, stir in the whipping cream and heat thoroughly or place in the microwave on MEDIUM for 3 minutes.
5) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) In each soup bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon of Pernodand, pour over the hot soup and serve immediately.