Fennel Soup with Garlic Croutons
|Fennel bulb||7 Ounce (200 Gram, 1 Small Size)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Natural yogurt/Single / soured cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Cut the green sprigs of the fennel and keep aside for garnish.
2) Chop the remaining fennel bulb.
3) In a saucepan, place the onion with stock and seasoning.
4) Add the chopped fennel.
5) Boil the stock.
6) Cover the saucepan and cook on low heat for 30 minutes until tender.
7) Leave the stock to cool.
8) In a blender, puree the mixture and sieve in a clean pan.
9) In the soup add milk and lemon juice.
10) In a small mixing bowl, blend egg yolk with yogurt with little soup liquid.
11) Stir the egge mixture into soup pan.
12) Heat the soup but do not boil.
13) Prepare the croutons while soup is heating through.
14) Adjust the seasoning in the soup.
15) Reheat the soup.
16) In soup bowl, pour the soup and garlic croutons and garnish with fennel.