Braised Lamb With Apricots
|Lamb chops||1 1⁄2 Pound, pounded (Four 1-Inch-Thick Round-Bone)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried apricot halves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole roasted salted almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange flower water||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the lamb and pat dry with paper towels.
2) Peel and crush garlic. Also, peel onion and cut into 1/2 inch wedges.
3) Place a heavy gauge skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter in it. Add garlic, ginger, pepper, and saffron and saute for about 2 minutes.
4) Now, add lamb chops and toss to coat well with the seasonings. Saute the chops for about 3 minutes on either side, until golden brown.
5) Put in onion, apricots and 1/4 cup water. Reduce the skillet heat to low, cover and cook the lamb for 25 minutes.
6) Once done, flip the chops over with a tong and add almonds. Pour honey and drizzle orange-flower water.
7) Again, cook the chops for about 15 minutes, uncovered.
8) Transfer chops to serving plates and garnish with onion, apricots, almonds and any remaining liquid.