Mediterranean Fish Stew
|Assorted fish||3 Pound, cleaned (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Leeks||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned and chopped (450 Gram)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|French bread loaf||1 , toasted|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) From the fish, remove its head, skin and bones.
2) In a pan, put the assorted fish and cover with water.
3) Boil the fish and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
4) Strain the stock and reserve it.
5) Cut the deboned fish into medium pieces.
6) In alarge pan, heat the oil.
7) Fry the onion and leeks until browned.
8) In the pan, add garlic with tomatoes and wine.
9) Add to the pan, fish but not prawns and crab.
10) Pour the reserved stock on the fish and add extra water to cover it.
11) Mix in the stock, saffron with salt and pepper.
12) Boil the stock, cover the pan and cook gently for 10 minutes.
13) Now add prawns and crab and simmer for 2 minutes.
14) On a large tureen, arrange the toast as the base.
15) Take out the assorted fish from the stock and place on the toast.
16) In the pan, boil the stock for 2 minutes and pour over the fish.
17) Sprinkle parsley over the fisha and serve hot.