Moroccan Lamb Kebabs
|Lamb||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Courgettes||4 Small (Zucchini)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red chili||1 , sliced|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the lamb into large, evenly-sized chunks.
2. To make the marinade, combine the lemon rind and juice, oil, garlic, chilli (if using), ground cinnamon, ginger, cumin and coriander in a large non-metallic dish.
3. Add the meat to the marinade, tossing to coat the meat completely. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Cut the lemon into 8 pieces. Cut the onion into wedges, then separate each wedge into 2 pieces.
5. Using a canelle knife (or potato peeler), cut thin strips of peel from the courgettes (zucchini), then cut them into chunks.
6. Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the liquid for basting. Thread the meat on to skewers alternating with the onion, lemon and courgette (zucchini).
7. Barbecue (grill) over hot coals for 8-10 minutes, basting with the reserved marinade.