Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables with Bean Mash
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and quartered|
|Aubergine||1 , sliced lengthwise|
|Courgettes||2 , sliced lengthwise|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For the mash|
|Haricot beans||410 Gram, rinsed (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vegetable stock||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon wedges||3 (For Serving)|
1. In a sauce pan, combine the beans with the garlic and stock.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the beans are tender.
3. Once cooked take the pan off the heat and mash the beans with a potato masher. Add a little stock to moisten the mash if required. Keep aside.
4. Heat an electric or charcoal grill.
5. Arrange the vegetables over a grill pan and brush with the oil.
6. Grill the vegetables until they are golden brown, turn them once and brushing the other side with oil.
7. On 2 dinner plates, spoon the mashed beans.
8. Divide the grilled vegetables equally between the plates.
9. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and coriander.
10. Add a lemon wedge to each plate and serve.