|Cleaned squid||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Grams, Small Or Medium Sized)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Red wine||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter)|
|Ripe tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled, deseeded and chopped (450 Grams)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) Cut squid into rings by slicing across the body cavity. Leave the tentacles cluster whole.
2) In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat and stir fry onions until it begins to color. Put squid and garlic into the saucepan and fry about 3 minutes until squid is bright pink and firm.
3) Add wine and boil the squid mixture for 2 minutes. Now, add tomato puree, tomato, bay leaf, oregano and seasonings.
4) Cover the pan and simmer the mixture over low heat for 30 minutes, or until squid is soft and the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally.
5) Once done, remove bay leaf and discard.
6) Pour sauce over freshly cooked pasta and toss. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.