Deep Dish Mediterranean Pizza
|Warm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (105 To 115 Degrees F)|
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Unbleached flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (105 To 115 Degrees F)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pizza sauce||1⁄4 Ounce (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Green pepper||1 , seeded|
|Ripe olives||18 , drained|
|Pepperoni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mozzarella cheese||16 Ounce (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
1) Prepare the pizza sauce and set it aside.
2) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
3) Combine ¾ cup of warm water and yeast together and let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
4) In a processor bowl, position knife blade and top with cover. Add the flour, salt, ½ cup of water and oil. Process for 5 seconds or till the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
5) With the processor still running, add the yeast mixture through the food chute.
6) As soon as the dough forms a loose ball, stop the processor. This generally takes about 10 seconds. The dough will be sticky.
7) Grease your hands and shape the dough into a ball. Place the dough ball into a bowl which has been liberally greased. Turning twice to coat properly.
8) Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place (about 85 degrees) which is free from drafts for about 1 hour or till the dough has doubled in bulk.
9) Punch the dough down and divide into 2 equal halves.
10) Roll each half into a rectangle measuring about 16 x 11-inch.
11) In a lightly greased jellyroll pan measuring 15 ½ x 10 x 1-inches, place each half and turn the edges up slightly so that a ridge is formed around the pan.
12) Cover the pan and let the halves rise in a warm place (85 degrees), which is free from drafts, for about 60 minutes.
13) Cut the green pepper into quarter and in a dry bowl, position the knife blade, top with cover and add green pepper quarters.
14) Process till the pepper is properly chopped. During chopping, scrape the bowl once if required. Drain the peppers and set them aside.
15) In the processor bowl, position the slicing disc and place the cover.
16) In the food chute, stack the mushrooms sideways, alternating stems and caps, and slice them, applying firm pressure with the help of the food pusher. Set mushrooms aside.
17) Position the slicing disc again, replace the cover and place olives in the food chute. Slice olives applying medium pressure with the help of a food pusher. Set olives aside.
18) After positioning the slicing disc back in the processor bowl and covering the top, wedge pepperoni in the food chute and slice it, applying from pressure with the food pusher. Set pepperoni aside.
19) Position the shredding blade in the bowl, cover it and put cheese in the food chute. Shred the cheese applying moderate pressure with the help of the food pusher. Set shredded cheese aside.
20) Over each dough half, spread half of the pizza sauce evenly and then top each half with the shredded cheese.
21) Over the cheese layers, arrange the mushrooms, olives, green pepper and pepperoni.
22) Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or till the crust has browned lightly, on the lowest rack of the preheated oven.
23) Serve hot.
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.1 mg23.7%
Sodium 1150 mg47.9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 31% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet