|Eggplants||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cooked ground lamb||1 Pound|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Light cream||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
1) Take a pan, heat oil, and fry eggplants on both sides.
2) Drain on paper towel.
3) Fry onion and garlic until brown and stir in tomato, tomato puree, lamb, and Tabasco sauce, allow to boil and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
4) Season to taste.
5) Arrange eggplants and lamb alternatively in layers in an ovenproof dish.
6) Whisk egg, cheese, and cream together and spread over the Moussaka.
7) Bake at 350 degree F, Gas Mark 4, for 35-40 minuts or until the topping is browned.
8) Garnish and serve.